My Online Presence

Beginning My Online Venture  

The first time I ever made an appearance on the internet was through Facebook when I was around 11 years old. I was so excited, as I knew other family members were on it. I began immediately posting funny posts and liking everyone's picture, laughing at people's comments and giggling at other people's posts.  

What I did not know then is that everything I have done from then to now has been saved and recorded. Even now this fact is startling. I have no idea everything I have ever posted... how am I supposed to monitor that information? Who sees that information? These are questions I ask, and questions you should ask when pondering the subject.  

Continuing On 

Since the day I made a Facebook, I loved creating and maintaining an online presence. I started with facebook but later moved to Instagram and later, Twitter. Since then I have used many different social media platforms and enjoy using them. While I have fun on these sites, I have an increasing amount of anxiety simply because everything on there will stay there forever. There is no such thing as delete really. 

Reflecting 

Social media has changed the way we interact with each other. It allows us to come into contact with others that we usually would not be able to communicate with. While this is great it also is very negative. Social media has generated a lot of risk and potential for danger, from lying predators online to cyberstalkers. I think it does have the power to make us lonely and depressed; however, that is only if you get too into it. Social media is like another world and it is important to still go into the real world and not be on your phone so much. 

Comments

Popular Posts